The sweltering heat of summer can be unbearable when the air conditioner breaks down. In such situations the best thing to do will be to appoint an experienced firm to carry out the air conditioning repair.
In the following sections let us look at a few of the problems air conditioning systems face and common repair services firms provide.
Common Air Conditioning Problems
- Electrical issues occurring in the compressor of a central air conditioning system.
- Leakage of R410A refrigerant.
- Obstructions in ductwork and air conditioning coil which result in reduced performance.
- Problems with outdoor fans which are responsible for proper heat transfer.
Air Conditioning Repair Services
- Leaking Refrigerant: Refrigerant leaks may well be due to issues with refrigerant line or a rip in the hose. Technicians ensure that the leak is traced and repaired in time.
- Problems in Air Handlers: Most of the cooling components are present in the air handler. Technicians fix problems in the air handler so that entire cooling system is not affected because of these problems.
- Issues with Evaporator Coils: Oftentimes, evaporator coils become frozen and dirty. Experts repair these problems which result in higher humidity within your home.
- Mechanical and Electrical Issues: Few of the other problems technicians fix consist of broken thermostats, sensors, belts, fans, and wiring issues.
When to call an air conditioning repair company?
Few of the signs that indicate it is time to call a repair company include:
- Warm air coming out of the vents
- Freezing or leaking AC compressor
- Motor that starts and stops
- Strange noises
- Varying temperatures
What is done during regular tune up to prevent repairs?
- Technicians will clean the coils, examine coolant levels, and check airflow.
- Clean debris and obstructions (like plant growth) present close to the air conditioning system.
- Straighten coil fins that may be bent and are blocking airflow.
- Inspect as well as insulate the ductwork.